1. Use of this website (the “Site”) is subject to all of the terms and conditions of this legal notice (the “Legal Notice”) and to all applicable laws. Accessing this Site by user (“User”) constitutes User’s consent to such terms and conditions.
2. The content and design of the Site is the property of Orphan Technologies Ltd. (“Orphan” or “Orphan Technologies”), or, if property of a third party, used by Orphan with the consent of such third party, and in any case is protected by intellectual property laws. Except for non-commercial, personal use only (and subject to retaining all copyrights and other proprietary notices contained or specified in the Site) User shall not copy, modify, distribute or otherwise use the content of this Site, or any portion thereof, in any way whatsoever without the prior written consent of Orphan. Orphan exclusively reserves and retains all rights it may have under copyright, patent, trade secret and other laws protecting intellectual property and proprietary rights, whether these rights are or may be registered or not, and no license, assignment, transfer or similar right is hereby granted.
3. Orphan reserves the right to modify or discontinue any activities or contents of the Site (including without limitation products and services) without notice.
4. This Site is meant to provide general information only, and Orphan shall only be bound by the specifications provided on the packages and leaflets of products presented, if presented, on the Site, or which will be provided by Orphan in writing upon purchase of any service or registration to any program presented on the Site or directly to User (as applicable).
5. Orphan shall not be liable for any losses or injuries resulting from, and/or in connection with, the information or lack of information provided hereunder and shall not be responsible for any damages arising to User and/or to any third party as a result of the access to, or inability to access, or use of this Site. In no event will Orphan be liable to User or any third party for any decision made or action taken, or not taken, by User or any third party in reliance on the content contained herein.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, User is expressly warned that nothing in this Site should be regarded as medical advice, and User should not rely thereon as such.
6. This Site and the materials contained herein are provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. It is clarified that Orphan does not represent or warrant that any product referred to in the Site is safe or effective for any purpose whatsoever and/or has been found safe or effective by any regulatory agency and/or is approved for any use, unless expressly specified otherwise in the Site. In addition, Orphan does not warrant that any certification and/or authorization and/or approval from any governmental agency and/or competent authority will remain in force at any time. Orphan does not warrant or represent that the use of any material presented in the Site will not infringe rights of third parties. Any use of this Site and of the information herein is at User’s sole responsibility.
7. Orphan is under no obligation to update the contents of the Site, and cannot and does not make any representation regarding the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the content available through this Site and/or the information provided in the Site. Orphan shall not be liable for any error or omission and disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement, or warranties arising by course of dealing or custom of trade.
8.2 Except as required by law, any information submitted by User on this Site will be considered as non-confidential and non-proprietary information (including for the removal of doubt any personal medical information that User may communicate to Orphan). Except as required by law, Orphan shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of such information and shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for any misuse of User’s information by a third party.
8.3 This Site is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Our Site does generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the users and may also be provided to others, but again the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
8.5 This site is not intended for use by minors. However, User may have the opportunity to provide personal information about a child. Such information will only be used to provide the requested services, and for no other purposes.
8.8 Personal information will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill Orphan’s legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the information was collected, or until an individual whose data is involved requests that Orphan delete that information (unless its retention is required by law).
8.9 While Orphan makes every reasonable effort to protect the personally identifiable data collected through this Site, Orphan cannot guarantee that this Site is 100% safe from illegal tampering or “hacking.” However, once personally identifiable data is received at Orphan and entered into Orphan’s database, it has the same protection that Orphan extends to its own confidential information. In the event of an incident or security breach resulting in User’s personally identifiable information being accessed, lost, or stolen by an unauthorized third party, Orphan will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to (i) notify User to the extent required by law; and (ii) identify the personally identifiable information that was accessed/disclosed using the contact information User has provided or by any other reasonable means.
9. This Site may contain links to other websites (the “Other Websites”). Orphan is not responsible or liable for the privacy practice or the content of the Other Websites. For the removal of doubt, Orphan shall have no liability for losses or injuries resulting from, and/or in connection with, the information or lack of information provided in the Other Websites and shall not be responsible for any damages arising to User and/or to any third party as a result of the access to, or inability to access, or use of the Other Websites. It is further clarified that the addition or removal of any links to Other Websites shall not be construed as a recommendation or approval or expression of an opinion by Orphan with respect to such Other Websites.
10. Orphan does not warrant that this Site and/or the server that makes it available and/or any of the Other Websites, are free of viruses and/or bugs and/or protected from unauthorized access or use by third parties. Orphan shall bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any damages that may result from User’s access to, and use of, the Site and/or from unauthorized access or use of the Site by third parties for any purpose whatsoever, and User only shall be responsible to take any safety and security measures in connection therewith.
12. The terms and conditions of this Legal Notice shall apply mutatis mutandis to any material or information that may be provided by Orphan to User through or outside the Site, including but without limitation newsletters, answers to specific enquiries from User, offer to User to participate in any program, etc.
13. This Legal Notice shall supersede any other agreement between Orphan and User regarding the matters therein.
14. The use of the Site and this Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, excluding its choice of laws rules, and the competent courts in London shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over every dispute arising from, or in connection with, this Legal Notice and the use of this Site.
Last revised date: February 26, 2014